Update: Community Answers Call for Help – Patch.com
Sunday afternoon, the organisation of aged residents during Lake Anne Fellowship House were undone after scarcely dual days with no energy or air conditioning as good as small food as good as water.
At 4:30, Reston Patch posted an essay asking the village for help. By 6 p.m. there were 3 tables superfluous with food – as good as some-more upon the way.
The village incited out quickly, bringing cases of water, baked chickens, loaves of bread, pizzas, cut watermelons, cookies, juices as good as some-more to the Fellowship House residents.
The energy has been out during Fellowship House given 10:40 p.m. upon Friday, when the derecho swept by Reston with winds of up to 79 miles per hour.
Jana Broughton is senior manager executive of Fellowship Square, which operates the eccentric living facilities for low-income seniors – many of whom have been additionally infirm – during Lake Anne as good as Hunters Woods in Reston.
She says puncture checks were put in place before long after the charge as good as all residents were accounted for. The trickery customarily goes over puncture prep with residents, such as advising them to regularly keep 3 days of nonperishables upon palm as good as the list of medications nearby.
About 100 of the 150 residents, generally those with healing needs, left with family members upon Saturday, Broughton said. Adding to the confusion: the phone complement is down as good as Fairfax County’s 911 complement was out of operate for partial of the day Saturday.
“I consider which is the single of the things which frightened people the most,” pronounced Broughton.
Broughton says she is additionally looking benefit from the American Red Cross as good as the county.
Lake Anne residents have been acquire to cold off during Hunters Woods Fellowship House. Broughton pronounced she is perplexing to prepare cots as good as bedding so Lake Anne residents could stay there in the usual room if they desire. She is additionally anticipating to have outpost travel in between the dual by tomorrow.
Broughton says she is gratified with the village await of food as good as H2O Sunday. If the village wants to suggest one some-more help, here is what they will need:
* Residents would adore prohibited coffee as good as breakfast Monday morning.
* Want to broach some-more food? Bring non-perishable protein snacks such as nuts, fibre cheese as good as fruit. Foods reduce in salt have been best. Meals will additionally be welcome. People can hit Broughton if they wish to coordinate. She can be reached during 703-895-2638 or at email@example.com.
* Residents can operate rides to Hunters Woods Fellowship House or alternative cooling centers, as good as rides should they need to refill medication. If we can drive, greatfully stop by Lake Anne Fellowship House during 11405 North Shore Dr. Broughton as good as one some-more staffers will be upon site upon Monday.
* Flashlights as good as batteries would be useful.
* The Fellowship House will still have needs when the energy returns. Residents could operate benefit clearning marred food out of refrigerators as good as transporting the rubbish to dumpsters. This will expected have to wait for until the energy earnings in box residents wish to record the explain with their renter’s insurance. Contact Broughton if we would similar to to help.
Note: The Embry Rucker Community Shelter is additionally out of energy as good as can operate H2O as good as ice donations. Reston Interfaith food cupboard will additionally be aiding Fellowship House as good as can regularly operate donations of non-perishables.