Senior Center: Patriotic Dance set for Friday – Visalia Times-Delta
This Friday, Jul 6, is a annual Patriotic Dance, featuring a live-music combo of a Jerry Hall Band as well as a Randy Fowler Band. There is regularly a tasty potluck-style dinner, 50/50 raffle as well as fun giveaways. You don’t have to dance to experience in this smashing event; we can lay as well as encounter with aged as well as latest friends, eat as well as drink, as well as experience in a little fun activities.
Dances have been hold roughly each Friday night during a Tulare Senior Community Center. Admission is $ 7 per person. The dances have been hold from 7-10 p.m. during a Senior Center.
For some-more report or to squeeze dance passes in advance, revisit a Tulare Senior Community Center or call 685-2330.
Southern California Cool Center
The role of a Southern California Cool Center module is to yield low-income, seniors as well as special-needs SCE commercial operation in intensely prohibited areas with a safe, air-conditioned trickery they can revisit during rise hours of a summer months, in lieu of using their own cooling complement during home.
The benefits are: Visitors save income by shortening personal appetite use; revoke unpropitious stroke to a sourroundings by generating reduction physical phenomenon with hoary fuels; revoke visitors’ hazards to illness compared with intensely prohibited temperatures; enlarge caller recognition about energy-efficiency practices by education; as well as yield visitors’ report about programs to support a aim population.
• Aug. twenty-two — Health Fair: An ominous day upon how to stay full of illness by surety measures as well as protected practices around your home. Professional illness providers as well as alternative preparation programs will answer simple questions upon health, nourishment as well as food safety.
Free conference test
Janette Day from Allied One Hearing Center will be during a Tulare Senior Center from 9-11 a.m. each third Friday conducting giveaway conference contrast to internal seniors! Appointments have been being taken for Jul 20. Appointments have been required. To report an appointment, call 685-2330.
Meals upon Wheels donations as well as Feed a Senior Program
The Tulare Meals upon Wheels module serves some-more than 250 dishes per week as well as relies upon volunteers as well as donations to keep seniors vital exclusively in their homes.
(Page 2 of 3)
Interested in creation a concession to a Meals upon Wheels program? Donation examples embody in mental recall of, in respect of or as a birthday/anniversary gift. You can additionally select to “Feed A Senior” for a specific length of time. For example, “Feed a Senior” for a single week is $ 32.50; for a single month, $ 130; for 3 months, $ 390; for 6 months, $ 780; or for a single year, $ 1,560.
Simply revisit a Tulare Senior Center to have a concession of any volume to respect which special someone. No concession is as well small. Once you’ve done a donation, we’ll send a special label to a particular and/or his or her family, tell a names in a monthly newsletter as well as commend a names in alternative forms of media.
For some-more report about a Meals upon Wheels program, call 685-2330.
Kings/Tulare Area Agency upon Aging offers giveaway comparison authorised services
Services per elder abuse, Medi-Cal recovery, Power of Attorney, debts, skill issues, dispute resolution, grandparent matters, benefits issues (SSI, etc.), wills as well as some-more have been giveaway to seniors 60 years aged or comparison underneath a sovereign as well as state Older Americans acts.
This giveaway module targets a many socially as well as economically needy elders.
The agency’s idea is to foster dignity, health, confidence as well as limit autonomy by village preparation as well as by safeguarding as well as enforcing particular authorised rights. An interpreter is supposing as needed.
For some-more information, call Senior Legal Services during 877-657-3092 or 623-0650.
Senior Softball League
Come out to a Prosperity Sports Park each Monday as well as Thursday dusk to hearten upon your a one preferred 60-plus as well as 55-plus teams.
Match-ups will include:
• Thursday: At 6 p.m., Silver Eagles face Torres & Sons; during 7:25 p.m. a Patriots go up opposite Tulare; as well as during 8:40 p.m., a Patriots fool around Sequoia Bark Sales. All 55-plus comparison games have been played upon Field 4 upon Thursday nights.
• Monday: At 6:30 p.m., Team 2 plays Team 3; as well as during 7:45 p.m., Team 1 plays Team 4. Both 60-plus games have been played upon Field 2.
Interested in fasten a team? Simply revisit a sports play ground during a games as well as speak to a group managers.
(Page 3 of 3)
To embrace diversion report report or one more report about a Senior Softball League, call 685-2330.
Lunch is 11:30 a.m. to noon for ages 60 years aged or older.
To have or terminate a reservation, call 685-2330 by 12:30 p.m. upon a commercial operation day before to a lunch date. Suggested donation: $ 3. Guests younger than 60 years old: $ 5.
Lunch menu for a week of Jul 4-11:
• Wednesday: Closed for Independence Day.
• Thursday: Turkey wrap, Italian pasta salad as well as cantaloupe.
• Friday: Beef as well as cheese lasagna, seasoned immature beans, Caesar salad, apple extract as well as whole-wheat garlic bread.
• Monday: Vegetarian Greek salad, unfeeling soup, honeydew melon as well as whole-wheat crackers.
• Tuesday: Italian sausage jambalaya with brownish-red rice, buttered broccoli, carrot, cucumber as well as red cabbage salad, as well as canned pears.
• Jul 11: Shredded beef enchilada, refried beans, churned spinach salad as well as orange wedges.
Lorraine Zorn is a comparison services director during a Tulare Senior Center. She can be reached during 685-2330.